Show students why you would make a great teacher by talking about your skills and relevant experience. You can come back to your profile and edit it whenever you wish. It's always a good idea to leave a piece of writing overnight and then revisit it.
What to include in your bio:
- Introduce yourself and say what you do
- Summarise your experience
- Mention your education - how you got to where you are - your story
- Highlight any memberships you hold, or any official qualifications
- Add any key accomplishments, honours or titles
- Summarise your teaching philosophy
At the moment, you can only put text into Bio box. We are looking to upgrade this soon so that you can also share images and videos.
Remember, you will also have a Lesson Page for each subject that you wish to teach on the platform. So, you may wish to share more general background information on your teacher profile and specific lesson content on that page.
- Be passionate
- Check out the bios of twitter users whose content you admire.
- Keep it professional but remember that people are more interesting than robots, yes?
- If you use your personal picture, smile.
- Don’t be shy about including your dreams or aspirations.